Nursing Home Abuse
Iowa Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
The decision to move into a nursing home yourself or place a parent or disabled relative in such a care facility is never easy. Once that decision is made, however, you rightfully expect nursing home personnel to care for all residents according to reasonable standards.
Sadly, applicable standards of care are violated every day in nursing homes across the U.S., exposing the elderly and vulnerable to unnecessary pain and suffering, life-threatening illnesses and even early death. If you have reason to suspect nursing home neglect or abuse in Iowa, we encourage you to contact the experienced nursing home abuse lawyers at Reid Law Firm.
Has Your Loved One Passed Away or Suffered Serious Injury in a Nursing Home?
Elder abuse and neglect in nursing homes take many forms. Despite assurances you likely received from administrators and staff about the quality of care, you may now be aware of serious issues such as:
- Bedsores or pressure sores (also called decubitus ulcers) caused by failure to reposition a bedridden patient often enough
- Inadequate supervision or otherwise unsafe conditions that led to a fall in the nursing home
- Resident malnutrition and dehydration
- Failure to seek timely, appropriate medical attention for a resident’s infection or other serious health condition
- Physical abuse or cruelty by nursing home staff
Prepared to Investigate Abuse or Neglect Claims and Take Decisive Legal Action
Our law firm takes action to investigate serious allegations of nursing home neglect and abuse. We prioritize exposure and accountability for egregious treatment of our elders, especially when administrators engage in a pattern of denial to avoid financial accountability. Our Iowa nursing home abuse lawyers are up to the challenges of:
- Proving the role of factors such as negligent hiring, inadequate staffing or training, and profit-motivated business decisions in causing serious personal injury or a wrongful death
- Persuading insurance adjusters and, when necessary, trial juries to assign substantial value to the life, health and dignity of nursing home residents
We encourage everyone to carefully consider their choice of a nursing home and keep tabs on residents’ health and safety. If you suspect neglect or abuse, please contact us as soon as possible for a free consultation with an attorney who will treat you with respect and prioritize justice in your case.
Back to Home