Winter Work Accidents: Common Causes and How to Begin Your Case

Recent Blogs

Wrongful Death Laws in IA: Who Can File a Case for a Loved One?
A wrongful death case is a civil action for monetary damages due to negligence. These cases are heard by... Read More
When to File A Medical Malpractice Case After Your Child Is Injured During Birth
When your child is born, it is supposed to be one of the happiest moments in your life. While... Read More
Autumn Weather Work Injuries & Why You Need a Lawyer
Autumn is a beautiful time of year, but the weather during this time can pose a risk for many... Read More

Winter brings holiday cheer and changes in the weather, but it also brings new kinds of accidents. Attorney Timm Reid explains what they are and how to get reimbursed for your injuries if you are involved in one:

Reid Law Firm sees many different types of winter accidents. Some are unique to the season such as slip and falls on snowy or icy sidewalks or people being struck by falling holiday decorations on a windy day. Winter snow and ice can also bring an increase in common accidents like car crashes and indoor slip and falls in puddles of melted snow tracked in from outside. 

Like any accident, a Des Moines accident attorney will look to see what caused a winter accident. Drivers, property owners, and others have a duty to act in a safe manner and to prevent dangerous conditions in public areas that they control. When someone does something that is unsafe or fails to correct an unsafe condition on their property, they may be legally responsible for any injuries that happen as a result of their action or inaction. 

Of course, many people will deny responsibility for an accident because they do not want to have to pay damages. If you have been involved in an accident, you should contact a Des Moines accident attorney as soon as possible. Your attorney will explain the evidence that you need to collect and how to document your injuries and costs. 

To make a claim, you would usually first go to the responsible party to see if they are willing to settle amicably. If they are not willing to pay or have their insurance company cover the claim, you may need to file a personal injury lawsuit to get reimbursed. 

If you have been in a winter accident and want to learn more about how to begin your claim, contact Reid Law Firm today.